Do you have one too many Gmail accounts? Finding it difficult to manage all your Gmail accounts? Well, you can delete your Google Gmail account along with all the messages in it. However, you other associated accounts such as Google, YouTube, etc. will not be affected.
Let us have a look at how to delete Gmail account and clear the email clutter in your cyber bubble.
Deleting Gmail Service
To delete Gmail service you need to follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Gmail account.
- Go to Google Account Settingsand select Delete your account or services under Account preferences.
- You should click on Delete Products. When you choose to delete your Google account and data, it will delete the entire Google account. This includes search history, Google Docs, AdWords and AdSense along with other Google services.
- You will be asked to enter your account password and then click Next.
- Click on the trashcan icon next to Gmail.
- If you wish, you can follow Download Data link and download the full copy of your Gmail messages via Google takeout. It is also possible to copy your email to another Gmail account or a new Gmail address.
- You need to enter an email address different from the Gmail account you wish to delete. Gmail may take up your secondary email address automatically and this becomes your new Google account username.
- Click on Send Verification Email link and open the email from Google with the subject line Security alert for your linked Google account or Gmail Deletion Confirmation.
- Follow deletion link in the message and log in to the Gmail account you wish to delete.
- Select in the message and log in to the Gmail account you wish to delete.
- Select Yes, I want to delete email@example.com permanently from my Google Account.
This is all you need to do to delete your Gmail account.