It is very easy to change your Netgear password. The following tutorial will help you learn how to change Netgear password.
Changing the Password for Netgear Router Wi-Fi Password
You can change the Wi-Fi password for your Netgear router using the following steps:
- Open any browser such as Mozilla, Chrome or Internet Explorer and type http://www.routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- When the page loads, you will be asked to enter the username and password. Only when you enter the username and password, you will be able to enter the admin page for the router.
- The default username for Netgear router is admin and the default password is If you have changed the default username and password, then enter the details saved.
- Once you enter the admin page, go to Setup Here, find the Wireless Settings and click on it.
- On this page, you will be able to change the password as well as the SSID for your network. Enter the new SSID name, if you want and then enter a new password.
- The password should be more than 6 letter characters long. Use a combination of capital and small letters, numbers as well as special characters for your password. The password should be strong and not easily hacked.
- Click on Save after you are done and your new password for Netgear router Wi-Fi will be changed.
This is the simplest method to change the Netgear password as well as SSID for your Wi-Fi network.