How To Change the WiFi Password?
You can change your wi-fi password or passkey easily. All you need to do is access your router admin page. The following simple steps will help you secure your WiFi network with a stronger password.
You need to use your Wi-Fi network name and password to connect to any Internet-enabled device. This helps only your trusted aides from using your Internet connection. It is very important to use a password that is very difficult for someone to guess. Thus, make sure you use a unique combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, special characters, etc. to keep your password hard to crack.
- Enter the default IP address of your router in the computer browser. The default IP address is printed on the sticker found on your router device. It is usually 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52.
- You need to enter a username or password to access the admin page. The default username and password is also be printed on the sticker found on your router device.
- Once you are logged into the admin account, you need to look for something like “Wi-Fi”, “Wireless”, and “Wireless Network”.
- After you find your way to the required tab, you need to look for a field that says “password” or “passphrase” or “WPS-PSK key”.
- This is your Wi-Fi network key that needs to be changed. Enter the strongest password you can think of. If you wish, write it down somewhere safe for future reference.
- Click on “Apply” or “Save” and your settings will be saved.
Hope this simple explanation has helped you learn how to do I change my Wi-Fi password.